Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear Politician SHUT UP

I hate robocalls. And it is primary election season here in the Land of Enchantment so the politicians are robocalling. In the last 5 days I have had over 20 calls from these ninnies who want my vote.

Like I am ever going to vote for someone who annoys me. Oh, wait. That'd be all of them.

My phone is mine. I pay my bill every month so I can have land line service. My best buddy lives 1100 miles away and we talk a lot; never could I afford that many minutes on a cell plan.

The "Do Not Call" list has spared me a lot of telemarketer calls but charities and politicians are exempt. The politicians who exempted themselves should be tarred, feathered, flogged, painted with bacon grease and staked out on an ant hill. But it'd be cruel to the ants to put such a toxic mess on them; they are a natural part of the ecosystem.

No, I will not just shut off my phone; I do not feel that I can. My son is 24 years old and a Staff Sergeant in the US Air Force. He is in South Korea right now and that may not be the best place to be. There are some phone calls a parent never wants to get but those are the calls you really don't want to miss so my phone is left on. And I hate robocalls.

3 comments:

Deb said...

The moment the robo-idiot starts the message, we would pick up and then hang up the phone before we had caller ID. We had to drop our land-line. It was too expensive. The so-called Do Not Call list is a joke.

Anne said...

Politicians have exempted themselves and some charities from the Do Not Call list. They are slimy, greedy and corrupt. They also protect their numbers from caller ID so you cant call them back.

I'd block calls from unidentified numbers but almost all military numbers have caller ID blocked.

Unknown said...

Agreed. I will never vote for someone who waste my precious answering machine time and my time to wipe it out.

If I want something I will call you. Bottom line, 61, cranky and I have earned it!